Sunday, June 12, 2011

EXCLUSIVELY FOR SPY MY STYLE-ONE WEEK WITH A TOP MODEL CAROLINE RAUSCH

We are more then happy to introduce You a new exclusive series of posts on Spy My Style - ONE WEEK WITH A TOP MODEL. Now we spy for You the style of best dressed top models - a style elite. 
We start with an outstanding Caroline Rausch, a top model born in Luxemburg, travelling all over the world building up her career to eventually settle down in Milan, a city that she fell in love with.
One of the best dressed models in town became our inspiration for a photoshooting on the streets of Milan. We asked Caroline to select her 7 favourite outfits for 7 days of the week and present them exclusively for You on Spy My Style. You can see the results of that exceptional photoshooting everyday starting from tomorrow on!
For the moment, have a look at the extremely brilliant interview with Caroline in the form of 10 questions considering the world of fashion and style. We also took a video on which she is shortly introducing herself. Enjoy the unique style of Caroline Rausch!  


















1. What does fashion mean to You?
FASHION is ART and BEAUTY. It’s like a painting, a correlation between colours and shapes.
For me it’s important to create this beauty. That’s why I enjoy participating in it and putting my TOUCH. If someone looks at me, I want him to think ‘wow, what a beautiful picture!’
We are all attracted by glamour because it makes us dream. BEAUTY is a DREAM and so is MAGIC. Magic exists and we create it by ourselves.
Fashion is a pleasure, as if you would be eating chocolate…pure ENJOYEMENT! Chocolate will give you calories, clothes might empty your wallet.. so what? At least I’m not dying naked!

2. What inspires you to create your look?
I get inspiration from everyday life - the magazines, movies, editorials, campaigns, from other people, also during my shootings and from the stylists with whom I work. I have a chance to wear amazing clothes and brands. Because of that I learned to appreciate the fabric. When I go shopping in popular brands stores like Zara or H&M, I touch to see how the fabric is. You can recognize a cheap one from a good piece. After wearing Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel or Dior on my shootings, I’ll never wear a tissue dress anymore!
'FASHION FIRST' is my favourite slogan. Forget the flip flops…thank you very much, even at the beach. I will never go skiing. I can’t even think of being in that outfit!
Between my inspirations, I should also thank to my twin sister Alice. We travel a lot and we drop the clothes we don’t wear anymore at our parents house. Whenever I go home, I go through the boxes and if she is not there, it means what is left is to be taken! I call it 'borrowing with no return'. Bags, t-shirts, gosh, my sister has such a good taste! It’s a paradise, and totally for free!
Lately I went through her pictures from Miami and what did I see? My dress! Well, what can I say...KARMA!
I guess we’re all unconsciously inspired by what is around us and what we like. We recreate it in our wardrobe.

3. How often do you go shopping?
I don’t plan to go shopping. It happens on the way home or passing by a shop. Then I get the feeling ‘oh, let’s go to see inside’. I enter, look around and when I see something , it’s like LOVE at first sight. I just stop by the piece and then I figure out in my head with what I can combine it, and I create a LOOK.
I look at the price too. Spending a fortune on a top I'm going to wear 10 times isn’t reasonable. I admit that Zara and H&M are very good for that. If I look well I can find a good piece of good fabric, cut and colour for a reasonable price.

4. What was the most expensive thing you bought and the best deal purchase?
The most expensive things I bought were a classic CHANEL suede bag for 2000 Euros and LOUIS VUITTON bag for 1200 Euros.
BEST DEAL I’ve done were BERSHKA leather-like pants for 25 Euros! I still wear them after almost 2 years!

5. Who is your style icon?
I'm a big fan of Madonna. She is a strong woman who managed her carrier and made her desires come true. When she was the face of LOUIS VUITTON campaign, I bought 2 pairs of LV shoes. Sounds stupid but like that I own an inch of her image, it’s very personal. Of course I love these shoes more than anything. They are very uncommon, drawing attention for sure. I admire what TOM FORD did for GUCCI couple of years ago. That man has STYLE! I also admire CARINE ROITFELD style [former Editor-in-Chief of French Vogue].

6. How do you select your outfits before going out?
In the morning I open my messy closet and I just need a second to get the idea what I’m going to wear. I pick one piece and then I’m thinking what would it go with.
When I go out, it’s a pleasure for me to dress up, to catch the attention. I want people to be amazed by what I'm wearing, I want to look different and to please the eyes.
For me clothes have energy. You can create emotions with an outfit. It makes me FEEL good about myself always trying to flatter my body with beautiful clothes. I also know what suits me best.
I don’t need a lot of time to get ready, I pay attention to look classy and not trashy, that the skirt isn’t too short or make-up to strong. I want to keep my reputation. What I hate the most is a vulgar look.
If you say RED CARPET event I’ll be ready for sure! Shoes match the top, top matches the pants, pants match the bag, dress matches the hair, hair match the make- up.

7. Any personal advice or beauty-tips to share with?
PERSONAL RULE no 1. Don’t expose with make-up EYES AND LIPS at one time. It’s one or another.
PERSONNAL RULE no 2. Never wear THE SAME OUTFIT 2 days in a row! A look has energy and is tired from the day before, it needs a rest.
PERSONNAL RULE no 3. Wear what makes you look GOOD-very simple!

8. How would you define your style?
I would define it as the 70’s chic and the contemporary version of the 80’s. I’m inspired by the Charlie’s Angels, the Goldie Years, Studio 54, strong padded shoulders , sepia toned colours, I love black as well-mysterious and strong.
I always try to be ELEGANT and SOPHISTICATED, sometimes a bit more edgy and cool, but always classy and with a personal touch-different and surprising.

9. What is Your worst experience with fashion?
When I started modeling, I had no style. Usually at school, you try to cover the absence of breast with large sweaters, then you copy others- if everyone wears converse, you do too. Then modeling happened, I had no idea what to wear. It was usually the same 'old lady' bag, sweaters and black skinny lycra pants…BOORRINGGGG …One day I came to the agency wearing a cardigan with fur around wrists and collar. My booker Christophe said ‘OK, that’s it! I’ll take you shopping'. He made me buy a horrible pink Scottish skirt and coloured print t- shirt. I was ashamed to go out of the apartement like this. I was almost about to cry.
But what I didn’t know at that time was that Christophe made me DARE. And since then I started to DARE wearing different clothes than boring lycra pants. And nothing seemed to be as horrible as that pink skirt. I slowly started to create my own style which has evolved throughout the years and still is in a constant process of changes.

10. Your favourite popular and exclusive brands?
I think that depending on the season, all designers have their weaker and stronger collections. What I might love one season at Chloe, I might dislike the next one. So I don’t have a particular brand that I love.
I do like MAJE, SANDRO and THE KOOPLES - young, cool French brands with affordable prices.Then the lower range of prices- H&M and ZARA.
A store I will never enter is PRIMARK. The quality is horrifying, the only thing I would get there are slippers.



Spy my style, and dare to spy yours….

Caroline Rausch




No comments:

Post a Comment